Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Rat Terrier And Poodle

Mince Pies with orange marmalade, carrot and cardamom

Another week, another migraine attack. : - /
This time, fortunately, is lighter, but it's annoying enough to stop me from thinking clearly and that I desire the arrival of summer.
always summer is the time when I'm better than ever and already starting to regret the initial chill, which are all too soon for a Sicilian transplanted to the north.
I still remember the trauma, psychological thermal even before that I suffered a few years ago, returning from Greece in mid-September in Athens it was sunny and a wonderful warmth (38 ° C with dry air, was really well), while landing I waited for the rain in Milan and 15 ° C and from that day the temperature continued to decline inexorably. That abrupt transition from summer to winter was a real blow for me, I had to proceed in haste to the change of season, but then and there I will not be fully into account, I understood it abruptly in March the following year, a Saturday morning, putting in place of freshly ironed shirts. I looked in the closet and I realized that a number of summer clothes were still there, ready to be worn, as if the change of season I had hoped to put them yet. It was then that I realized what I had not accepted the arrival of winter that year, and smiled to myself thinking that shortly thereafter was that the spring and summer was approaching.
Since then, every year I make a lot of attention when I put the clothes in the summer, and above all try to put myself in a state of mind to accept the winter as part of life, when the cold I'm sure that triggers the migraine crisis, the desire to emigrate to Florida is felt more alive than ever ...

But we move on to today's recipe: jam tarts are trivial, but perhaps because I thought I attributed them to Florida as English Mince Pies. I've stuffed with the marmalade of carrots, oranges and cardamom flavor and color as the hot summer, and I consoled by munching a cold thinking about that summer is coming.

MINCE PIES WITH CARROT MARMALADE, ORANGE AND CARDAMOM


For the pastry: 250 g flour

125 g butter 80 g

sugar 1 egg 1

pinch of salt grated rind of 1 lemon

For the filling:
marmalade carrots, oranges and cardamom



Prepare the pastry: making a fountain with the flour and salt, put the cold butter cut into cubes and rub it between your fingers to soak the flour and create crumbs. Add the sugar and the grated rind of lemon, make a hole in the center and pour in the egg slightly beaten.
Mix quickly with your fingertips and as soon as the dough is piled into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Put the dough in the fridge to rest for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.

Roll out the pastry to a thickness of 3 mm and using a cutter to cut discs with a diameter slightly larger than the diameter of the mold for tarts. Place the disks in the molds by gently pressing the center to get in shape and put into each tartlet 1 heaped teaspoon of jam.
remix the pastry scraps, roll out and cut to 3 mm with a star-shaped cutters so many stars as there are tarts. Place each biscuit on a tartlet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, then bake in a preheated oven at 160 ° C for 20 minutes.

Cool on a wire rack before serving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment