Tuesday, February 8, 2011

How To Broil A Striploin Grilling Steak

Gratin Cabbage and Pumpkin Cheesecake

Alessandra launching the self-help has triggered a virtuous cycle for which I am very grateful: I'm not limiting it to prepare recipes of my old cooking magazine thus justifying the purchase (in addition to the purchase of new cookbooks, s' will!), but I'm also realizing recipes gathered from journals not dedicated, which I have in years loculated sheets, which religious conservatives and also designated as "pizzini" (and here is the copyright of my friend Clelia Tower).

It 's the case of today's recipe: a rustic and flavorful side dish that combines the strong taste of cabbage in the most delicate of the pumpkin. I got it from a periodical known supermarket chain sends to holders of its loyalty card.

So here's to you ....

CABBAGE AND PUMPKIN GRATIN

From Special News (now Strawberry News), October 2008


For 6 persons: 1
small cabbage
400 g pumpkin 150 g milk

100 g cream (I ricotta)
2 tablespoons cornstarch (I have not used) 2 eggs

1 / 2 onion (addition mine)

30 g butter 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
salt pepper



Wash and clean the cabbage, blanch the leaves for the greatest 4 minutes in boiling salted water, then dip ice-water and dry them.
Cut the cabbage into thin strips and blanch rest, too. Drain well.
Finely chop the onion.
Boil the milk, add the chopped onion and diced pumpkin, salt, pepper, and cook for about ten minutes, until the pumpkin will not become tender.
Blend with a hand blender and add the cream (cottage cheese in my case) in which the starch is melted, and 2 beaten eggs.
Butter a baking pan of 24 cm in diameter and lined with whole leaves of cabbage, making them slightly overhang.
Fill with layers of cream of pumpkin and cabbage strips, ending with the pumpkin. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and flakes of butter and bake in preheated oven at 200 ° C for about twenty minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment